Fun activities for you and your middle school child
- Make tonight a 'No TV' night with your family. Ask your child to help select games or stories, and spend some quality time with him.
- Help boost your child's self-esteem. Take pride in her achievements and accomplishments today and every day.
- Put on a history play with your child today. Help him learn about important events in world history or even your own family history.
- Encourage your child to make a 'to do' list today. Help him make a list of things that he would like to accomplish tomorrow, then check the items once completed.
- Teach your child about recycling. Show her how to recycle items such as paper, glass and aluminium.
- Visit the library with your child today. Encourage her to borrow books about a different country, and learn about the people, cultures, and customs of the that country.
- Teach your child about the importance of preserving nature. Help him plant a tree in the yard and explain how littering harms the environment.
- Tell your child that you love her today and every day.
- How much does your child know about her family history? On a map trace where your family is from and help her create a family tree.